Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Thursday, February 28, 2013

"HARDWARE STORE-ies! TACKLIN' THE SPACKLIN' & THE HARDWARE STORE GUY!"

"HARDWARE STORE-ies! TACKLIN' THE SPACKLIN' & THE HARDWARE STORE GUY!” So, I went to the new hardware store to get spackle and to get a key made. I asked if I could get a key made. He said, “Yes, but we don’t have the ones with chips in them.” I said, “Do you have the ones with pretzels?” PIMP LOL. He laughed, said he would never forget me or that joke. I told him, “no worries. Everything takes time”. PIMP LOL. My keys? Colorful… Just like me. One is Cheetah and is for the door closet to the bathroom to run fast, the 70's looking one is closest to the music room, the rose one is the door by the garden, the jeans one, etc. And, speaking of colorful? Here’s one more hardware story that is quite colorful. A few years back, I went in the hardware store and asked the man for some stage pole screws. He totally seriously looked at me and in question form said, “Stripper? Where?” To which I could have had a cow, but instead I said the truth. I said, “No. I need them for our church backdrop so that wonderful souls like you can enjoy our Sunday morning services without the backdrop falling down. Like strippers clothes in a strip joint. Will I be seeing you there for forgiveness this weekend? It’s only a stone’s throw away and I promise that you won’t be stoned. Can you promise you won’t be stoned, either? He lowered his head and most ashamedly said, “I wouldn’t blame you if you did stone me and no I won’t be stoned.” I told him I would see him there. I do not think that guy will ever forget me, either. Anyways, setting up the stage was my job that I loved to do for years. Setting up stage for the preacher and for our band. Note: I do not dress like a stripper, I am very unique but respectable. Point is? Everyone should be welcome at church and forgiven and loved. Another point? I didn't have to tackle the guy. Truth is a good comeback. It tackles way better than any other words or might. Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment