Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Friday, February 22, 2013

SITTIN' ON FENCES of RHODODENDRON & HONEYSUCKLE VINE!

“RHODODENDRON & HONEYSUCKLE VINE!” So, I’m gonna start my story right out with a joke! What did Ms. Honey Suckle Hedge say to Mr. Dead Beat Vines? “I’m not on the fence anymore about you. Cutting you out of my life so I can get on with mine. I need to blossom and spread my umm…vines. Time to spruce things up around here and make some improvements. I’m ready to paint the town cuz I plan to make a comeback. I got roots here that run deep! Kicking you to the curb where they pick up the dead beat trash! You’ve just been a big old hedge hog anyways.” PIMP LOL. What? Well, we have had honeysuckle vines on our front porch for 20 years now and our house paint is down to a white chalk when you lean on it. We also need a lift around here, so we cut back all plants and bushes and the honeysuckle vines that we planted 20 years ago when we moved in. There was a lot of dead thick vines on that back side of the hedge hogging all the space. I’ve been wanting to cut for years because you can see it on the front porch. Phew! Hard work. It is so spectacular how God works to in areas of our lives. To see new growth. Literally and spiritually! Most times, His answers come way too slow for us at the time we ask, but in the long run, help us hold fast without questioning as much. Okay, so next, we are going to slowly pressure wash and paint in the next months as money, time and health permits. Gotta make our home look better and take care of it somehow even with not much money. Make do. Make better. Make a comeback! Our roots run deep. So, I’m thinking blue…And some crazy trim. Then letting the honeysuckle grow back. Just love that stuff. Love new growth! It hurts sometimes to prepare for it and during it, but the outcome? Sweet like honeysuckle vine! And, yes we do have a song about Honeysuckle Vine and Rhododendron! As I was taking the photos, I was reminded that I hadn't seen our fence in 20 years! It looks pretty good but needs a few repairs. The Honeysuckle vines protected it. But, it reminded me to never sit on it! PIMP LOL. You know? We should never sit on the fence! Oh! And, the photographs are some from before and some from last summer and some are after we finished cutting late last night. Yes. In the dark. Have a sweet day. Remember to protect your loved ones like the Honeysuckle does to the fence. And, if you've been sitting on the fence for so long that you have taken up root on it? It's time to cut loose and get off the fence! Have a sweet weekend.   Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment