Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Thursday, May 17, 2012

GOING PUBLIC ABOUT PUBLIX! THE NAKED TRUTH ABOUT WINGING IT

Just taking another of my Publix stories Public! I think this makes number 10. And, it's actually 2 stories in 1. Happened a week apart and both about their delicious naked hotwings. What? That’s what it said on the carrier. “Naked”. Well, not only were the chicken wings naked. Without breading. But, as we walked away holding the carrier of steaming hot chicken, the bottom dropped out! Yep. Naked chicken box. I took it back to the deli and loudly explained with a smile, “Here’s your naked chicken carrier and it is naked just like it says. I don’t think the chicken was cooked enough because if flew out the bottom.” They all laughed. I know most would be mad, but with all the things I’ve seen and been through in my life, a naked Publix chicken carrier just seemed hilarious. Besides, there were a lot of workers who looked like they were on a wing a prayer and could use a laugh. As a lot of us are this week. So, I proceeded to tell them what happened the week before. I told them: last week, right after we had gotten our weekly groceries and our usual Wednesday wings, we went down the cleaning isle and grabbed the bug spray we had forgotten. Well, the spray burst out and sprayed everywhere all over our cart and chicken. Though, on the outside. We figured it was okay, but the lady at the register said if she didn’t see us next week, she would report it. I wasn’t too worried. I can’t eat the chicken. Funny thing is that she saw us and said, "I see you are alive and the bug spray didn't kill your family"! See she remembered. Touch someone's life with a laugh or a smile. They'll remember. Just some naked truth public Publix humor to lighten your load this evening. If you are winging it, don’t forget to prayer it! Seems like that is my theme today with my other stories. Stop by. Thanks for keeping me in those prayers, too. Trace

2 comments:

  1. Maybe that chicken was trying to solve the riddle:
    Why did the chicken cross the road?
    Answer: To get naked at Publix, of course! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I love that, Joy!!! I appreciate your visits so much. Love you, Trace

      Delete