Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE HORSES BACK & RUFFLING THE QUARTERBACK!

What? So, have you ever hit the hay and not slept? Wasn’t that the straw that broke your camel’s tired back? Or, I mean, horses back? PIMP LOL! Hey! You mean, hay! Okay, last night I was so tired and ruffled, so my family said I should hit the hay. Well, I tried that but I still didn’t sleep. And, hey! Neither did the horses. What? Hay is for horses! So, the horses got ruffled and told me to hit the sack. I did. But, all that did was get the quarterback ruffled. I finally got sacked for ruffling the quarterback! PIMP LOL. Anyways, tonight? I’m just gonna just try hitting the old bed. See if the bed gets ruffled! Which doesn’t matter because it’s already ruffled. Dust ruffled! PIMP LOL. Before you hit the bed, clear the head. Pray before you lay! It’ll keep you from getting ruffled. Now, for the origins of hit the sack or hit the hay: People didn't have "beds" so they slept on sacks of hay. They usually would beat the hay as a means to get out bugs and fluff it up hence "hit the sack" or "hit the hay"! Hay is to be eaten. Grass, alfalfa, clover, etc., cut and dried, for use as fodder. Straw can be either bedding (for livestock), mulch or many other uses. So, technically, your “hay”ride is really a strawride. So, again, before you let the straw that broke the camel’s back, err…I mean, the hay that broke the horses back, ruffle you? Pray. Especially before bed if you want to sleep. And, if you get ruffled? At least let it be your fingerless gloves! Or guys, let it be your fave girl’s fingerless gloves! PIMP LOL. The photo? Just a window into what I was thinkin’ here… To wrap it up and rap it up: Pray before you lay...to clear the head before you hit the bed. Trace

1 comment: