Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

LIP, HIP OR GRIP SERVICE!

“LIP, HIP OR GRIP SERVICE! Watch your tongue!” So, here’s my story on feelings, fingerless gloves and the tongue. And, that’s not lip service! What? It's just a li'l sarcastic humor disguised in paisley! Get a grip! I"m not shootin' from the hip. I’d rather wear my feelings (my heart) on my sleeves above my fingerless gloves than on my tongue where they can roll off too fast. The difference is they may wear on me, but not on others. It takes time for those feelings to travel from the sleeves to the tongue. They gotta travel through some elbow grease, over those broad shoulders and shave off a chip or 2, go neck and neck with some beads of sweat falling from the forehead from the anguish of holding it in, and then take it on the chin. Then, if you swallow hard and take a deep breath and pray, the feelings may come out with a li’l more grip than lip or shooting from the hip! You hip? I mean, they may be way more gentler and thought out. Like someone with a grip on things. You know? Thoughtful. Instead of I oughta-ful! PIMP LOL. Sometimes, we detour our feelings from the sleeve to the hip, and just shoot from there, right? PIMP LOL. Then, our lip service turns into hip service instead of grip service. Here’s a tip: calm that hip. And, remember: a closed mouth gathers no foot. What? Well, it doesn’t! So, here are the rest of lip jokes: A closed ear gathers no lip. A closed nose gathers no finger. BUT! A closed mouth? Well, it gathers no foot. Or ears. Or finger! Right? I mean, it could save us from sticking our foot in our mouths or having someone hear us sticking our foot in our mouths (ears) or react to us sticking our foot in our mouths (the finger). Oh, and, a closed mind? Gathers no leg…up. I mean, you gotta learn. You gotta get a leg up on things. My leg up? Work, serving and prayer. Hope you get a leg up on your day. Feelings ARE a good thing, you know! When mixed with the mind, body and spirit. They just need some travel time! And, serving can give us travel time. Working is good for the feelings. Here’s my pitch on working and serving. Sometimes you gotta get dirty to stay grounded. But, when you throw dirt, you lose ground…always! PIMP LOL TNT. So, dirty hands or dirty lips? It’s your serve! Will it be lip service, hip service or grip service? What? Just had to throw that out at you! Better than dirt! OK! 1 more joke: Better your lips to chatter from cold air than to chatter WITH hot air. Have a hot day! Let your feelings travel a bit. Have feelings, will travel… Sounds like a TV show to me. Oh! And, why the paisley effects and all? I imagine my feelings in paisley! Why else! I really did have a paisley pair of jeans, though. Also, you will notice from the stitching that the heart has been sewed back on several times.     Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment