Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Come hang out and rock and read with me here...

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

KEEPSAKES, STICKERS AND OTHER MEMORIES THAT STICK!

KEEPSAKES, STICKERS & OTHER MEMORIES THAT STICK! So, since my girl is a senior now, she is cleaning and going through all her things. You know? Kept keepsakes? Everythng from birth thru 11th grade that I kept for her these years. So, she’s sort of reminiscing and bringing stuff to me to show and deciding what to keep. It’s good for me because after my big seizure of 2006 I don’t recall most things. I see these awards, the doll we made together, her art work, school work and so much more that we kept. I just smile and tear up. Good memories…maybe cloudy but I am finally ready to try and remember good stuff. See, lots of times when I try to remember, all I can remember is the trauma, cuz that’s how life is. The trauma sometimes seems to be what sticks. But, I know if I can get through that, the good stuff flows in and sticks, covering the trauma.  Kind of like wallpaper. It covers up all kinds of walls. It's there, but covered. That's us. Layers. I’m not complaining because the trauma also makes us who we are. Yes, I got very sick when she was in 1st grade and again in 3rd, and still again in 6th, but I gave her my time, always. I couldn’t do what other mamas did. Like work and give big things and run around everywhere, but I could give my time, my heart, my love for music, art decorating, etc. I still cry sometimes trying to remember and wishing I could be like other mama’s and never have gotten sick, but life is what it is and I’ll take it. It’s when I am thankful and look away from all else and don’t compare, then I am alright. I think we all do that. So, anyway, God is our life and in every part of our life. That’s the only way I know. We make memories with Him and they stick. So, anyways, I am so glad we kept so much of this all these years. It does us both good. She remembers a good mama who loves her and I remember a good daughter who loves me. It builds us both up. My mind is eased momentarily about feeling like less of a mama for getting sick. I can see the things we did together and still do. I hear her sing and can see God’s hand. That is worth more than any amount of money or travel or things I could give her. That’s the stuff that sticks to you. And, the smiles between us are priceless. The connection…ahhh. The connection! Oh! And, a bit of humor? Umm…the photo is of the doll we made and of a giant Potty Poster Sticker Card we made and hung on the wall. Every time she went to the bathroom on her own, she could pick out a sticker (of which she picked out every week at the store) and place it on the card. She loved the stickers and the feeling of accomplishment and control. It was awesome and it worked and the idea kind of stuck on us. PIMP LOL. What? Sometimes, we did go crazy with the stickers and put them on everything. Even ourselves. I think there’s even a few still stuck on some doors to this day. Yes, we made cards for lots of things. Things we looked at today and remembered. And, by the way? She kept everything! Kept keepsakes! That’s what they're for! So, if you’re stuck, make a memory. Make a memory stick! Err… Just keeping it real. And, just keeping the keepsakes! Jus' saying! One more thing...  We didn't have a lot of money to make her doll, but we actually used the dress and buttons and other things I wore while pregnant with her. It is really cool looking. Of course, it has boots and fingerless gloves on.  Just saying that you can make do and still make memories that stick...err!!    Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment